LAS Alumni Information
The Many Faces of Lincoln Hall:
Few buildings have served the University of Illinois as long and with as many purposes as the ever-evolving Lincoln Hall.
Amnesia research unlocks mysteries of people lost in time.
Economics professor applies unconventional methods to Third World problems.
HMS Fowey case still sends ripples through courts today.
Robert McChesney thinks government can save the news—but not without a fight.
Why an apology may help heal our nation.
LAS alum helps rescue dogs from canine fight club.
- LASNews Fall 2009
- (Interactive Flash version.)
Around the College
- Researchers Receive Collaboration Award for Pharmaceutical Technology
- New Brazilian Studies Institute Positions Illinois to Be a National Leader
- Research Team Uncovers New Antibiotics in Unexplored Class of Compounds
- English Professor Wins Recognition for Poetry
- Conservationists Push to Protect a Symbol of Racial Tolerance
- U of I Anthropologist Is First to Explore Sacred Pools in Belize
- Spurlock Museum Receives National Accreditation
- Researchers Strike Genetic Gold in Search of Natural Products
- Not Just Tilting at Windmills
- Researchers Discover a New Pathway that Regulates Inflammation
- New Drug Agent Knocks out Multiple Enzymes in Cancer Pathway
- Society Wanted its Men Strong and Rational—Even When it Wasn’t True
- Those Unsure of Own Ideas More Resistant to Views of Others
- Older Air Traffic Controllers Perform as Well as Young on Job-Related Tasks