Faculty Services and Procedures
- Advising Toolbox
- College Awards
- College Services
- Courses & Curricula
- Dates & Deadlines
- Employment at LAS
- Faculty Meetings
- General Education
- Hiring Procedures
- Off-Campus Programs
- Policy Manual
- Strategic Budgeting
Faculty News and Contacts
Guidelines for Minors
All minors should follow the Guidelines for Campus-Wide Undergraduate Minors (EP.97.18).
- A minor should consist of approximately 18-21 hours of coursework. In some cases, there may be coursework prerequisite to the 18 hours (for example, first-year language courses).
- No more than one-half of the coursework should be at the elementary level.
- At least 6 hours should be 300- or 400-level courses.
- In general each unit should sponsor only a single minor. An exception can be made for departments such as English, where separate minors in English and in Rhetoric are appropriate. Interdisciplinary minors must be sponsored by a budgeted unit of the campus. The sponsoring unit is responsible for advising and monitoring completion of the program.
- Minors may be used to satisfy the "supporting coursework" requirements of the major unless otherwise stipulated in the major requirements.
- All minors must be approved through proper college and campus process.
Updated August 2004